Before I purchase

A place to share what you like about the app, what you don't like, campaigns you're working on, ask for help or share tips and tricks with other users.
tserof
Minion

Before I purchase

Post by tserof » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:51 pm

I am using a 2018 iPad Pro 11 inch with the latest iOS update. I was wondering if this software will work on this newer iPad and also do you foresee any problems when iPad OS is released in the coming months? My next question is do you know if maps from D&D Beyond can be imported? My third question is does the battle map that is being cast to the tv go blank or disconnect when the iPad enters sleep mode?

AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Re: Before I purchase

Post by AtomSwitch » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:54 pm

I was wondering if this software will work on this newer iPad and also do you foresee any problems when iPad OS is released in the coming months?
InfinitasDM should work great on your newer iPad. The newer the model, the more smoothly the app should run on the more advanced hardware. In theory, the app should work fine on the upcoming iPadOS, though I wont know for sure about any bugs it may or may not have until it comes out and users that have it start reporting in on it, as I dont have any iPad hardware capable of running it myself.
My next question is do you know if maps from D&D Beyond can be imported?
This will depend on what file format the maps from D&D Beyond can be downloaded / exported to. If you can export or otherwise save those maps out as an image file (like a jpg for instance), then you can import them into InfinitasDM just like any other map image.
My third question is does the battle map that is being cast to the tv go blank or disconnect when the iPad enters sleep mode?
iOS is incredibly aggressive about shutting down background apps. As of the latest version of iOS, the Player's View will always be disconnected when the iPad enters sleep mode.

tserof
Minion

Re: Before I purchase

Post by tserof » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:37 pm

Ok. I will purchase it. I will let you know if i see any bugs when iPadOS is released. I think i can turn off sleep mode whenever i am casting through the iPad.