Map from file import issue - iOS

A place to suggest additional features for future releases of InfinitasDM.
Lukkychukky
Minion

Map from file import issue - iOS

Post by Lukkychukky » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:09 pm

So, I use InfinitasDM exclusively. It’s amazing! But one problem I keep running into is that, on my iPad, when I go to add a map from a file on my camera roll, it pops up and shows the picture for a split second, then they disappear. It makes it extremely frustrating when trying to add maps in. I sometimes have to attempt to add it more than thirty times. Please help!

AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Re: Map from file import issue - iOS

Post by AtomSwitch » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:59 am

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble adding maps from your camera roll on iOS. This is the first time I've heard of a bug like this - can you go into a little more detail on what's happening?

-It sounds like the camera roll loads up, but the pictures in the camera roll disappear - does that mean it appears to be an empty camera roll? Or are there blank 'entries' that show pictures are *there*, but have no thumbnail / preview for them (making it possible to select a picture, but not possible to know what picture you're selecting)?

-When you say that sometimes you have to attempt more than thirty times - does that mean that eventually the camera roll loads properly? What is the change that seemingly randomly occurs that lets you finally select the map image?

-What model/year iPad do you have and what version of iOS is it running?

Any screenshots or pictures you could get of it happening would also be a huge help.

Lukkychukky
Minion

Post by Lukkychukky » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:04 pm

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble adding maps from your camera roll on iOS. This is the first time I've heard of a bug like this - can you go into a little more detail on what's happening?

-It sounds like the camera roll loads up, but the pictures in the camera roll disappear - does that mean it appears to be an empty camera roll? Or are there blank 'entries' that show pictures are *there*, but have no thumbnail / preview for them (making it possible to select a picture, but not possible to know what picture you're selecting)?
Answer: The camera roll window opens in the top left, and for a second, the pictures populate. But then they disappear, and there's nothing but an empty camera roll.

-When you say that sometimes you have to attempt more than thirty times - does that mean that eventually the camera roll loads properly? What is the change that seemingly randomly occurs that lets you finally select the map image?
Answer: I'm honestly not sure there's one specific thing that fixes it. Sometimes quitting out and then reloading does the trick. Other times, it works on the second attempt. It almost never works for me on the first attempt.

-What model/year iPad do you have and what version of iOS is it running? I'm using the ML3K2LL/A Model, running software version 12.1.4(16D57)

Any screenshots or pictures you could get of it happening would also be a huge help.

AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Post by AtomSwitch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:10 am

Hmm, interesting. Is it safe to assume this isn't happening in any other apps that can access your camera roll?

With a 3rd gen iPad Pro it shouldn't be a RAM or processing power issue.

When the images disappear, can you try tapping around and seeing if you can still select them? I'm wondering if something is hiding the images, or if something is 'un-loading' them completely.