[BUG] IDM on iPad: Losing connection to ChromeCast & Sound lowered on open

A place to share what you like about the app, what you don't like, campaigns you're working on, ask for help or share tips and tricks with other users.
AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Re: [BUG] IDM on iPad: Losing connection to ChromeCast & Sound lowered on open

Post by AtomSwitch » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:17 pm

Unfortunately, no. There's been a lot of upheaval as Google has forced developers to switch to 64bit support exclusively for Google Play apps. As such, I can't update my app at all until I add that support, however to add it means moving the app to a new version of Unity (which is the software the app was built in)...which breaks an even larger number of things. The biggest of them being entirely destroying chromecast support (even on the version 5, 6, and 7 of android that it still works correctly on).

Managing this update has proved quite a challenge as I have yet to find a developer than can get chromecast working again. I've had 3 different full-time professional programmers brought on and all of them have failed to either get chromecast to work, or come up with a successful alternative.

So for now, things are in a tricky state of limbo. The programmer who originally worked with me to make this app is my "ace in the hole" on all of this, but he has not been able to make enough time available to work on it. I'm still actively looking for anyone who can tackle this in the mean time though, as it's put the breaks on all development until it's resolved. I'm sorry it's taking so long, it's been a mark of incredible frustration for me as well :(

schemen
Minion

Post by schemen » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:41 am

Hi!

Well, I think it doesn't help that now Apple is doing something similar with their newly released iPadOS which forces developers to use their SDK version 13.

I wish you good luck on the way forward, I love the app so hopefully things get resolved :)

Regarding chromecast, maybe you could just offer a webserver where things get projected to?

AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Post by AtomSwitch » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:49 am

A basic HTTP self-server has been one of the proposed solutions, but the last developer I hired gave up on it after two weeks of no success.

I'm hopefully that at least by december I'll be able to get the original programmer back on this, it's been awful not being able to resolve this issue :(