Adventurer's Kit & Teeth of The Bloodwolf Campaigns - Thoughts / Feedback?

A place to share what you like about the app, what you don't like, campaigns you're working on, ask for help or share tips and tricks with other users.
AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Adventurer's Kit & Teeth of The Bloodwolf Campaigns - Thoughts / Feedback?

Postby AtomSwitch » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:10 pm

Has anyone had the chance to dig around in or play through any of the campaign content from the Adventurer's Kit or Teeth of The Bloodwolf?

It would be great to hear your experiences with either of them, your thoughts on the content and how it flows, if you have had any issues with them, what you liked or didn't like, etc. Don't forget each campaign file also has companion content to go along with them - a notated town map and quest guide for the Adventurer's Kit and a Game Master's Guide book for ToTB, each of which can be downloaded from the build page below the campaign files:

http://infinitasdm.com/builds/
Backer 0613
Minion

Re: Adventurer's Kit & Teeth of The Bloodwolf Campaigns - Thoughts / Feedback?

Postby Backer 0613 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:40 pm

I have and I really like them. Per our conversation on Kickstarter, I am working to finish my copy of the mod files and then I will upload them for all who are interested. They will be fully adapted to DnD 5e, minor token tweaks (namely home tokens to go back on certain maps), and some added illustrations on the maps for my personal campaign immersion. Should be up tomorrow at the latest. Thanks for all your hard work!
drannonb
Minion

Postby drannonb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:52 pm

I am currently trying to load either of them on my Steam, Windows 10, DLC Bundle version. Any time I click on a map it freezes on the LOADING... screen and crashes.
AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Postby AtomSwitch » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:08 pm

@drannonb - I sent a reply to your email about this issue, hopefully after some digging we can get to the bottom of this issue and get it resolved!
evillalobos
Minion

Postby evillalobos » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:29 am

Same thing is happening to me. Program crash when loading toolkit or adventure. I have a steam copy.
AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Postby AtomSwitch » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:28 pm

The last time this happened it ended up being an issue with Steam not downloading the DLC files correctly. For some reason, it was not fully downloading the files, despite reporting them as complete, then crashing when it tried to load the incomplete files.

Can you try uninstalling the DLC, restarting your computer, then re-downloading it?

In the case of the other user, he was only able to get the files to download correctly on a completely different computer he had installed Steam on, then he copied the correctly downloaded files over to his first computer. Because of this I suspect it may have been some kind of strange caching issue between Steam and his primary computer, but I wasn't able to find out for sure.

It's possible that Steam's file servers are (or were) just experiencing issues though (in this case, possibly due to the Steam Summer Sale putting extra strain on them), so uninstalling and re-installing may be all you need to do.
evillalobos
Minion

Postby evillalobos » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:00 am

Thanks. I installed the app on 2 diferent pc and have the same problem. I'll try re instal. And let you know.
Thank you
BralorVhette
Minion

Postby BralorVhette » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:54 pm

I am also having the same issue. Steam copy, have uninstalled and reinstalled on 2 different PCs but still receive crash dialog popup. Any other workaround?
AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Postby AtomSwitch » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:04 pm

If it's causing the same error on both of your computers, then something screwy might be going on with Steam's file servers.

Could you please contact Steam's support and report the issue that your DLC files are not downloading completely for InfinitasDM? I've tried reaching out to them in the past with no result, it may carry more weight coming from a customer than a developer.
BralorVhette
Minion

Postby BralorVhette » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:51 pm

While going through the steam support process it said they "cannot provide the best assistance with games made by other companies" and to contact the developer.