Still being developed?

A place to share what you like about the app, what you don't like, campaigns you're working on, ask for help or share tips and tricks with other users.
ORIONOX
NPC

Still being developed?

Postby ORIONOX » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:55 am

I was just wondering if the app was still being developed? Last I heard you were going to gencon and hoping for a sponsor or something. I'm just wondering how things went and what the future of infinitas looks like?
AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Re: Still being developed?

Postby AtomSwitch » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:26 am

I'm still here and the app is still being supported, development is just moving very slowly. The programmer I contract has been unavailable for the past 6 months and the two replacements I attempted were, to put it bluntly, completely unusable. GenCon was a great experience, but financially was a complete loss. My table was packed every day and everyone that played the games we ran loved IDM, but it didn't translate into any kind of sales boon or publisher attention unfortunately.

It's a tough situation as a developer, the app doesn't bring in enough funding to support development on its own (so far almost everything post-kickstarter has come straight out of my own freelancing work's income), and I can only do one side of the development tasks on my own.

My top priorities right now are to find a more affordable, more available C# programmer, and to basically just keep my head above water while I continue to save up to pay for new feature additions when I find one (or when my existing contractor becomes available).

I know that's not exactly the most uplifting status report to have to give, but I am here and IDM will continue to improve, it just may take a while for now.
ORIONOX
NPC

Re: Still being developed?

Postby ORIONOX » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:21 am

Yeah, unfortunately most of the people who played at GenCon probably already had the App. I'm actuallyu really glad to hear that things re still moving if they are going slowely. I love this app to death and I'd love to see it flourish. I just really like how it is used as a supplement to playing in person instead of being used as a replacement.