[bug] Black screen on startup Android Oreo

A place to share what you like about the app, what you don't like, campaigns you're working on, ask for help or share tips and tricks with other users.
auronvi
Minion

[bug] Black screen on startup Android Oreo

Postby auronvi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:28 pm

I am using a Pixel XL running the new Oreo OS. I just get a black screen and nothing shows up when I open the app. I will try this app on my tablet when I get home which does not have Oreo on it yet and see if it loads.
AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Re: [bug] Black screen on startup Android Oreo

Postby AtomSwitch » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Thanks for reporting this issue. Was the app working properly before you updated to Android 8.0?

If you had the app installed before the update, you can try uninstalling the app, and then re-downloading it from the Google Play store. Before uninstalling it, make sure to back up any campaign files, custom tokens, and custom stamps you have, as uninstalling it will remove **all** IDM related content from your device.
thorvindr
Minion

Postby thorvindr » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:42 pm

I am having this exact same problem. I'm on a Google Pixel running Android 8.0.0. I did not have the app before updating to Oreo.
AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Postby AtomSwitch » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:15 pm

For any new users seeing this post, I'm now 2 for 2 on a successful fix for this issue, but I need more testers before I can confidently make the current 1.9.0 beta build public.

After porting InfinitasDM over to the latest version of Unity3d (that still has Chromecast API support) and rebuilding the app with the latest Android API updates, this black-screen bug seems to have been resolved.

If any other users experiencing this issue see this thread, please reach out to me at support@atomswitch.com to join the beta test! There was a lot that went into the Unity update / port, so I need to be sure that:

1) The problem has been resolved

and

2) The update has not introduced any new bugs