[Bug][Android] Flashing fog of war on player view - Is This Happening To Anyone Else?

A place to share what you like about the app, what you don't like, campaigns you're working on, ask for help or share tips and tricks with other users.
AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Re: [Bug][Android] Flashing fog of war on player view - Is This Happening To Anyone Else?

Postby AtomSwitch » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:11 pm

I just edited the title of your original post to hopefully get some more input from other users as I'm still not sure what the source of this issue is.

Thanks for updating with your android versions on each device!
dwarfcleric
NPC

Re: [Bug][Android] Flashing fog of war on player view - Is This Happening To Anyone Else?

Postby dwarfcleric » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Thanks Dan. I'm hoping it's an OS conflict and not just my Pixel C
Dra8er
Minion

Postby Dra8er » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:25 pm

I too am now experiencing this problem across all devices that I try.

I have all three gen of Chromecast, & Chromecast built into my 4K UHD TV.

I have been using Nividia Shield K1, Samsung Galaxy Tab E, & HP 10.1" Tablet

It happens across all regardless of pairing. This does not happen when directly connected, only via WiFi!

I can record it if you'd like. Ultra annoying, ready to get rid of InfinitasDM.

(It can't handle large hi res files, can't rotate maps, maps keep resizing, the list goes on!)

I'm uploading the video to Facebook & tagging you, thx
AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Postby AtomSwitch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:10 pm

Dra8er - Can you go into a little more detail when you say "It happens across all devices" and "This does not happen when directly connected, only via WiFi!" ?

Would that be to say, it happens across all (mobile/android) devices, but does not happen on your HP Tablet? If the HP tablet is running the app on Windows then WiFi shouldn't be coming into play as that would be the directly connected player's view, so I just wanted to make sure I understood the situation 100% correctly.

Unfortunately (in terms of debugging data), this issue hasn't come up for any other users so it has been hard to track down what is causing it. So far, it would seem that it is a problem exclusive to Player's View via Chomecast and is only effecting Android devices. Not all devices are effected though, as none of the devices I have access to have been able to reproduce the issue.

On a side note - I'm not aware of any issues with maps getting re-sized, if you're having an issue with that, or any other issues, be sure to report them.

Return to “InfinitasDM Discussion”