Tripple Click For Galaxy

A place to suggest additional features for future releases of InfinitasDM.
Clorr
Minion

Tripple Click For Galaxy

Post by Clorr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:32 pm

I understand that the long click is not working on samsung devices. Would it be easier to implement a double or tripple click instead?

We dont need the promissed solution to work, we just need a solution.

AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Re: Tripple Click For Galaxy

Post by AtomSwitch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 am

Now that I've finally been able to see the issue in-action at GenCon, I've got a few ideas to test out for possible workarounds. Ideally, I'd like to avoid re-using any touch-gestures that are already in use on the map view (double tap opens the Token Menu on existing tokens and triple tap cycles between hidden and un-hidden Map Links).

That said, it's possible that something like double-tapping on the token in the DM Drawer just automatically drops it to the center of the screen could provide a temporary solution since long press does work (for whatever reason) on Status Tokens (from the drawer) and Character Tokens (that have already been placed). It would be cumbersome to drop it from the drawer, then go pick it up and move it where intended, but better than not being able to add them at all.

It will require a bit of testing (and securing the time of my back end systems programmer) to make sure that kind of gesture re-use doesn't cause issues, but I'll start looking into it ASAP.