Stamp size change

A place to suggest additional features for future releases of InfinitasDM.
Dimetrianos
Minion

Stamp size change

Post by Dimetrianos » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Hey Atomswitch!

I was wondering if there is a way to change the size of a Stamp when you place it? And if not, is this a feature that can be added? I have created a few custom stamps, like beds, dressers, etc., but they all fit into only one square on the map. Being able to change the size would be an amazing thing to have! I have found a workaround, by making the custom stamps into a custom token, but that makes it interact with the player tokens.

Dimetrianos

AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Re: Stamp size change

Post by AtomSwitch » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:48 pm

There isn't currently any way to change the size of stamps, but it is on 'the list', as it is something I've been wanting to add for a while. Using custom character tokens is a clever work-around though!

Dimetrianos
Minion

Post by Dimetrianos » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:58 pm

I have also discovered something I am certain has been around for a while, but I just placed them into my Tokens folder. Fantasy Furniture Tokens by Wyldfurr on Drivethru RPG. Here is a pic of the difference from my (lame) hand drawing of furniture and the tokens!
Attachments
Mapping photo.png
Mapping photo.png (578.03 KiB) Viewed 1987 times

Dimetrianos
Minion

Post by Dimetrianos » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:20 am

So, fun side effect of adding a metric ton of custom tokens: It increases the load times across the board from loading the map in program to the Steam Cloud Sync.... Not getting an error code at all, just increased times. Also, while working on one of my maps, the Fog Option stopped working for that map in particular. Not sure why, as it is working for all others, and not producing an error code.

Dim

AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Post by AtomSwitch » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Yeah, the token system wasn't really designed for having tons and tons of them on the map, it's likely making the file sizes for the campaign saves quite large.

Ideally, if you're making those maps in an image editor, then I would suggest adding all of the 'token stamps' that you can there, only leaving any that you intend to move around during play to be placed in the app.

If you're making those maps from scratch in IDM (which would be pretty impressive in its own right, going from the picture you attached), then it's definitely going to make for some hefty campaign file sizes. Once I can get some time and budget to expand on the Stamp system, I'll have to look into ways to make it more efficient, as I hadn't originally looked at it as a large-scale art tool, so much as a quick helper.

The fog error may be something that has come up a couple of times now. Are you only able to add fog in a small square in the bottom left corner of the map? Another user had this happen to them, and I finally had it happen to me a few days before GenCon.

I'm not sure what's causing it, when I created a new map with the same image, the problem was gone. Did you happen to replace and re-add your map image several times while working on that map? That was something that I had done with the file that broke on my end. I was thinking, maybe it has something to do with a scaling error that can happen if the map is continually replaced. I've got it on my bug tracker to be investigated by my programmer asap, but any additional details you can provide would be helpful.

Dimetrianos
Minion

Post by Dimetrianos » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:43 am

I am creating the maps inside IDM. Everything you see there is hand drawn in the program by me. When I went back and started the map I sent you fresh, problem was gone!

The file sizes are increasing with the use of the tokens, however, my group has an interesting habit of interacting with the environment a LOT. Like moving furniture to block doors, flipping tables for cover, etc. I can deal with the longer load times and larger files I kinda figured that would happen when I started using them. One suggestion I have would be to see if you could make the token/stamp/modifier token menus a pull down rather than the slider. I am certain others will start expanding and exploring as I did, and while I have nothing against the slider, it can take a little while to slide through it to find the token you want! When crafting at home, outside of game, it does not make much difference. Also, one minor change I made to the tokens from AtomSwitch was to rename them, adding an "AA" at the beginning, thus moving them from being spread out amongst the rest of my custom tokens to being front loaded. Just a little tweak I made to make the game move more quickly.

Dim