Cross device sharing

A place to suggest additional features for future releases of InfinitasDM.
ORIONOX
NPC

Cross device sharing

Post by ORIONOX » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:27 pm

It would be amazing if we could have the ability to share from one device to the next. I say this because I enjoy creating my maps on the computer since it's so much easier, but it's very difficult for me to use my computer in a DMing situation. So I'd like to be able to transfer my maps created on the computer over to my phone for use.

AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Re: Cross device sharing

Post by AtomSwitch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:37 pm

While it isn't automated via the app, you can still share your campaign save files manually between different platforms.

Check out Page 3 of the IDM Instruction manual here for more detailed info ( http://infinitasdm.com/IDM_InstructionManual.pdf ), but the general process is:
  1. Navigate to the Campaign Save File location on the device you created the campaign(s) on
  2. Copy the desired save files ( [campaignName].db )
  3. navigate to the Campaign Save File location the device you wish to transfer the saves to
  4. paste the save files you copied over from the other device
  5. load up the app and enjoy the save files you have successfully transferred
If you're just going from any Steam platform to another Steam platform (PC to PC, PC to Mac, Mac to Mac, etc), Steam's Cloud Saves will handle this automatically. If you're going between Android PC, you can use a cloud service like Dropbox or OneDrive or connect the two devices with a USB cable. With iOS you'll have to connect your device to your computer and transfer the files using iTunes.

Again, more detailed instructions and default save locations can be found in the IDM Instruction Manual. http://infinitasdm.com/IDM_InstructionManual.pdf

ORIONOX
NPC

Re: Cross device sharing

Post by ORIONOX » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:47 am

Thanks