Chromebook Support

A place to suggest additional features for future releases of InfinitasDM.
ookamithegreat
Minion

Chromebook Support

Post by ookamithegreat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:09 pm

If not already supported, I think Chromebook support would be a great step.

AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Re: Chromebook Support

Post by AtomSwitch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:15 am

Do any of our current users have a Chromebook to test this and share their results? Some Chromebooks have native support for Android apps, but not all. I thought Google's plan was to unify the Android App vs Chrome OS app situation by now, but apparently that is not the case. It would be cool to be able to support Chrome OS directly, but Unity3d can't make builds for it.

ookamithegreat
Minion

Post by ookamithegreat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:56 pm

That about rt tablets, like the ones used for drawing. Are those supported with the system on windows, I would really like for a way to draw out maps cleanly.

AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Post by AtomSwitch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:48 am

The only drawing tablets that I am able to confirm as supported by InfinitasDM are Wacom drawing tablets. I have personally tested IDM with an Intuos4 and Intuos3 with success.

However, Wacom and N-trig stylus's used with Microsoft Surface tablets have been confirmed as not working with IDM. I have not been able to figure out why, unfortunately. Any "basic" stylus, like those that can be used across any capacative touch screen device, should work fine as the device will simply see it the same as normal finger-input.

To make use of stylus's that are not supported by IDM your best bet is to draw your maps in an external drawing program like Photoshop, SketchbookPro, GIMP, etc and then import them into IDM as pre-made map images. You can find a set of map templates with the same grids IDM uses here: http://infinitasdm.com/InfinitasDM_MapTemplates.zip