Undo and Redo buttons

A place to suggest additional features for future releases of InfinitasDM.
SDFII
Minion

Undo and Redo buttons

Post by SDFII » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:42 am

It would be extremely helpful to have an undo and redo button.

Often I've found it a massive time saver to just click the "Undo" the last action, or two (as often I do a series of clicks and one screw up click messes up a whole bunch).

The "Redo" would be nice to undo the undo if one takes it a bit too far.

Clorr
Minion

Re: Undo and Redo buttons

Post by Clorr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:27 pm

I agree with SDFII. An Undo button is incredibly important for a map making app. The redo button less so.

Especially on the mobile version, using the eraser to delete a screw up among the features of a more detailed map is needlessly tedious. Even if the feature only works on the last 1 action (though I'd prefer up to 5) it would be a massive improvment for mobile users and very helpful to users in general.

I met you guys at GenCon yesterday and I have very high hopes for this. Running into you guys made my day (I didnt get out of the exhihibit hall much and this discovery made me feel my Con was productive) so thanks for that.

AtomSwitch
Site Admin

Re: Undo and Redo buttons

Post by AtomSwitch » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:08 am

Thanks for stopping by to see us at GenCon! It means a lot to hear that.

This has been asked for a few times (and I agree, it would be really nice). The biggest issue is working out what the last action is to undo/redo, as currently the app doesn't store an "action history" of any kind. It's possible that if it is limited to pencil/eraser strokes that it would provide less of a burden on the existing back-end, but it's something that will take some bigger discussion (and ultimately, some available features budget) with my programmer.